Did you installed a wrong system language while installing windows? Or it was pre-installed in the wrong language. In this guide, we will show you how to change the default system language in windows 10 easily within a few steps.
Learn to change windows system language, in this guide, using the settings app, without the need to reset or refresh windows and start afresh.
Take note that this change will affect all existing and new user accounts.
Easily change the system language in Windows 10
- Open system settings (Press the Windows + “i” key together)
- Select “Time and Language“
- And select Language, and you should see the image below.
- Under Preferred Languages, “add a preferred language”. Another box should appear, select your preferred language. In this example, i will be using Japanese as an example.
- Select and Click “Next“
- The following selection will appear. As i do not require “handwriting” i disabled this option. Remember to tick the box “Set as my display language“and click “Install“
- Allow it to install.
- A prompt might appear need you to sign out in order to apply the new language we just set.
- sign out and sign in again to change to default to your preferred system language.
Once you re-sign in, your will notice that your system menu has been default to your preferred lanaguage!
Official link by microsoft