There are various reasons why you might want to locate the device’s ip address, such as to change allow port forwarding or to set a static internal ip address.
Here a general guide on how to find computer ip address in the network while using various devices, such as windows PC, mac, mobile phones.
How to Find Computer IP address while using windows computer (CMD)
- Click on the windows start button (location generally at bottom left)
- A menu which shows you the list of programs should appear. After this, type “cmd“
- “Command prompt” will appear. Click on it and A black window called command prompt will appear. (image below)
- Once the command prompt window appears, simply type in “ipconfig“
- Check the numeric numbers which will appear under “IPv4 or IP Address“. That is usually the ip address of the current device. In this example, the ip address will be “192.168.1.15“
How to Find IP Address using Iphone
- Find the the “Settings” icon on the home screen.
- Click on the “Wifi“. It should display your wiress name.
- It will bring you to another page which shows your nearby wireless connection.. (image below)
- At this image, select the blue “i” in blue circle of your wifi network. And you will be brought to another page. (as below)
- The number under the “IP Address” row will be your current device’s ip address.
How to Find Computer IP Address From Router Management page
This method allows you to see literally all the devices which is connected to the existing network. Not just your computer, pc or mobile devices.
- You will need to locate your router IP Address. You may use the above images as an example. instead of looking at the “IP Address” Field, you look at the Router’s field. in the above images, the router’s ip address will be “192.168.1.1” If you are unsure, you may refer to this page to find out ip address of router in 1 min.
- Open up the browser and key in the router ip address. A prompt might appear, prompting you for router login credential.
- Once you manage to login, look for the options to find internet or network devices or LAN connection or client status. Or selections with similar wordings. From there you should be able to see all the devices connected to your network.
** Examples below
How to find computer ip address using an Asus Router
- Locate the asus router’s ip address.
- Login to the management page using the web browser.
- Sign in with correct credentials.
- On the main page. Click on the icon above the “Clients“(Arrowed in image below)
- A list will appear showing you the network devices with their internal IP Address and their MAC Address. Image below
- Old guide by asus https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1037094/