There are various reasons why you might want to locate the router’s ip address, such as to change wifi ssid or password, or to configure some network settings. Or to check the connection of a device on the network.
Here a general guide on how to find ip address of router while using various devices, such as windows PC, mac, mobile phones. At the same time, I try to include some guide for some popular brands of the routers too.
Find Router IP address while using windows computer
- Click on the start button at the bottom left (general location)
- The program menu should appear. After it appeared, type “cmd“
- A selection for “command prompt” will appear. Click on it. A black window called command prompt should pop out. (image below)
- Once the black window appear, simply type in “ipconfig“
- Check the numeric numbers which will appear under “Default Gateway“. That is usually the ip address of the router. In this example, the ip address will be “192.168.1.1” (Your default gateway might differs from mine. It is normal)
- Open up your internet browser, such as internet explorer, edge, firefox or chrome and type in the gateway ip address and press enter,
- If that is the correct IP for the router, a username password prompt should appear or it will bring you to a webpage asking you to sign in. Key in the correct credentials and you should be able to sign in to your router’s management page.
How to Find IP Address of Router using Iphone
- Locate and click on the “Settings” icon
- Click on the “Wifi” Wording. It should display your wifi network name.
- It will bring you to another page where you are able to see the wifi network around you. (image below)
- At this page, click on the blue “i” in blue circle of your wifi network. And you will be directed to another page. (image below)
- The number under the “Router” row will be your router’s ip address.
- Open up your internet browser, such as safari, firefox or chrome and type in the gateway ip address and press enter. A login page should appear. Key in the credentials and you will be able to change the settings in your home office router.
How to Find IP Address of TP Link Router
If you are using a tp link router, you may try to use the following
If it is not working, try either http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 which is the default router ip address.
How to Find IP Address of Asus Router
You may try to type in http://router.asus.com in the browser. If it doesnt work, try to use http://192.168.1.1 which is the default router network address for most asus router.