Here is the guide to help you to find synology diskstation nas if it went missing, after you
- change the NAS ip address
- change to a new router
- shifted to a new network location after you move the unit home or to a new office location
- Or you are simply trying to setup a new NAS
Help is on the way. Here are 2 quick methods to locate synology diskstation nas on the local network within 5 minutes.
Type the above URL “find.synology.com” into your web browser’s address bar. It will direct you to a webpage which proceed to scan your local network.
You will see an image similar to this
If it managed to find the NAS, it will appear after the search and you may proceed to login. Else you will see a message “No DiskStation Found within LAN“
If you didnt manage to find my synology using method 1, proceed to the method 2 to locate it on the network
How to Find My Synology NAS
Method 2: Download the official Synology DiskStation software
- Head over to “https://www.synology.com/en-global/support/download“
- At the drop down box, select “NAS” and your synology product model accordingly.
- Select “Desktop Utilities” and look for “Synology Assistant” and download the version accordingly to your operating system version. If you are using apple product, select MAC (dmg), else choose “Windows“.
- After downloading the file, locate the file in the PC and install the software.
- After installation, open the software and it should proceed to scan the network again. If it doesnt search the network automatically, search using the “Search” icon below the “Management” wording.
- You should see something similar to this window (image below)
- Select the device and click connect, it will launch the web browser and proceed to login or setup from there if this is the first time you are installing the hardware.
Hopefully the above 2 methods has enable you to find synology diskstation nas on the local network without much problems.
Synology has one guide which you can refer here. https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Network/Why_can_t_I_access_my_Synology_NAS_after_office_relocation