If you are somehow familiar with this command net user change password, you should be somehow familiar with command prompt and yet, you are not sure the exact command to do so.
To change password for a user, in 1 minute
- As required. open command prompt in admin mode. If you are not sure how to, read the link Open Command Prompt in As Fast as 3s
- Open command prompt is running in Administrator mode, type “net user“
- A list will open up, showing you all the available users in computer.
- I will be using the user “test123” as an example, as shown in the list.
- To change the password for the user, type in “net user test123 password”
- And this will change the existing password to “password“
You may simple change the “test123” to whichever account / username that you wish to edit the credential. And replace “password” with your own desired password.
Another example, if you type “net user MyAccount MyNewPassword” and it will change the password for MyAccount to MyNewPassword
** Take note that it is case sensitive for password.
** the user account has to be the same as what is listed when you type “net user” in step 2