It is quite easy to reset user password windows 10 and there are various methods to do so.
There are primarily 3 methods to do so, one will be via the password screen, and the other to use a command prompt and lastly to reset using windows settings.
Method 1 to change user password using “Alt + Ctrl + Delete”
- Locate the 3 keys, “Alt”, “Ctrl” and “Del” on the keyboard, and press the 3 keys at the same time.
- This image should appear
- Select “Change a Password“
- Another image will appear.
- Proceed to change the password by keying in the new credential to reset password for windows 10.
Method 2 to Reset Windows Password Windows 10
Use the command prompt, its a relatively easy step to do in 1 min.
Follow the steps in this post, Net User Change password, to change the password using command prompt.
Method 3 – using Windows settings
- Head over to the start button (usually at bottom left and type “Sign in Options“)
- Another window will open up.
- Click on “Passwords” > “Change”
- A prompt will appear asking your for your current password. Key that in and another window appears.
- Type in your new password to reset your existing windows 10 user account password.