Are you trying to add a windows user account password using command prompt and you encountered this error? “the password does not meet the password policy requirements”
No matter how many times, you tried to change the password and you faced the above error? And you have tried to add capital letters, numbers, symbols and even long length? And you still fails to add the new user account?
Here the quick solution to bypass and fix this password policy requirement.
- Follow the steps to open up command prompt in admin mode.
- Instead of typing “net user user password /add” only, add in the new user without any password first, using this command “net user user /add /passwordreq:no“
- In this instance, i create a user called “fcoh” without any password. So the command to run will be “net user fcoh /add /passwordreq:no”
- Once done, type in “net user” and you should notice that the account has been created.
- Log out and login with the new user and change his password in the new account.